Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Garden Goodness


What better way to save a little extra money, than to have your own garden for fresh produce.  I just started to garden, this is my second year at it.   We have corn, tomatoes, green beans, and cucumbers in our garden this year.

Yesterday we froze the sweet corn and the green beans.  It is a little work, but will be so worth it when you can have yummy sweet corn and green beans in the middle of winter.   We made pickles with some of the cucumbers and when the tomatoes become ripe we will can them and make spaghetti sauce, salsa, diced tomatoes, and tomato juice.  I don't like eating ripe tomatoes, but I do like them if they have been cooked.  Goulash and Spaghetti taste so much better with garden tomatoes!  

Maybe next year we will expand our garden, so we can have more produce.  I think I would like to grow Zucchini.

Gardening is a great way to save money and eat healthy.

Do you have a garden?  If so, what do you grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment